If you want the opportunity to shape your own career in Digital Marketing, we would love to hear from you! What do you really value at work? What do you need from a company to be happy? What is important to you to feel fulfilled in a role?
At Search Seven, we believe roles should be built on your needs as much as ours. Whether that’s the flexible hours to fit your lifestyle, or perks and benefits that mean something to you; we want to know what gets you up in the morning.
For us, it’s our people. We’re incredibly lucky to boast a strong team of experts from a variety of backgrounds who create strategies that help our clients stand out from the crowd. We have built up a fantastic, positive culture full of caring individuals and a great sense of humour too – we’re confident that you will enjoy working with us! Our charity work is also very close to our hearts. Making a difference is a key driving force behind what we do, which is why we pledge up to 7% of our profits to charity, and our latest charity campaign is ‘#S7100’, which you can read more about here – https://www.searchseven.co.uk/s7100/ – and see a photo below of some of the team during the 100 miles challenge in August!
Who are we?
Search Seven is a remote-first digital marketing agency that was founded back in 2011 in Brighton & Hove, specialising in Paid Media and SEO. We still call Brighton our home, but since 2021 we switched to a remote-first way of working and we now have amazing team members based in Sussex, Kent, London & Stafford. We love to all come together and enjoy social events at least once every month. This includes taking on the Crystal Maze as a team in London, trying to get some holes-in-one playing Mini Golf on the Brighton beachfront, or simply enjoying some excellent food and drink together at beautiful venues in Kent. A strong, positive culture is a huge focus for us & being remote workers, it’s more important than ever to ensure we all get out and have fun to reward ourselves for all the hard work!
Why ‘Search Seven’? Search is obviously part of what we do, but why ‘Seven’? Well, we pledge to give back up to 7% of our profits to charity each and every year via our S7 fundraising events & direct donations. This was a pledge our founder; Gavin Willis, promised to make upon starting up the company so to become part of everything Search Seven stood for – to be different from other agencies & to give back. We’ve always put purpose before profit in everything we do, ever since.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior SEO Account Manager to join our amazing SEO team!
You would be responsible for planning, managing and implementing SEO strategies tailored to each client’s requirements and objectives. Ideally with a number of years’ experience under your belt already. Maintaining existing client relationships and cultivating new ones is also a critical part of the role, whereby your time will be spent between managing on-going clients with SEO consultancy and as the SEO lead on new projects, as well as supporting the Head of Digital Marketing on new business opportunities – helping to scope out opportunities and strategies that would make them excited to work with us to then deliver for them.
You must be hands on and be engaged & tenacious about delivering outstanding SEO ideas and results for our clients. If you have great tracking & analytics knowledge and capabilities, such as being able to carry out tracking reviews and configure tracking in terms of new goals, then even better.
Overall, this job is for someone who loves technical SEO, gets excited about seeing their clients succeed, enjoys problem solving, and seeks out ways to inspire, foster growth and build genuine partnerships with the team, suppliers and clients.
The kind of things you would be doing:
- Perfectly able to carry out SEO research and SEO Audits – be that technical SEO expert.
- Able to assist on monthly reports – with good knowledge of data studio and Google analytics
- Able to respond to SEO queries that a client poses in the form of on-going SEO consultancy
- Able to undertake tracking reviews and configure set-ups and goals in Google Analytics
- Helping to advance the agency’s approach to SEO strategy
- Contributing to quarterly review meetings and strategic reviews
- Evaluating new technologies and approaches to delivery to ensure we’re offering an excellent service
- Strengthening and maintaining client relationships, including excellent communication.
- Ensuring your output is to a consistent quality, and in line with Search Seven’s values
- Growing more junior members of the team in their understanding of SEO and working alongside a clear framework for personal development
- Helping to create and deliver highly effective SEO plans that meet and exceed KPI’s
- Developing, documenting, and implementing SEO best practices
- Reviewing and improving our approach to reporting
- Staying abreast of SEO algorithm updates and trends, and sharing this new with clients to improve their SEO campaigns
- Be a keen ambassador for Search Seven in everything we do & represent – pushing your own ideas too.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of technical SEO, keyword research and competitor analysis
- Good understanding of content analysis to create SEO informed content plans
- Good awareness of other aspects of digital marketing such as Paid Search, Display and broader media planning and buying.
- Excellent organisation & communication skills
- Good experience with Google Data Studio
- Able to drive thought leadership and develop outstanding collateral in the most appropriate format
- Persuasive storyteller and presenter.
- Must be comfortable developing and delivering strategic presentations and able to think on one’s feet
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships. Builds client confidence as a trusted advisor by actively listening and understanding challenges and or roadblocks and speaking with authority on how we will address them
- Strong familiarity with 3rd-party tracking vendors and integrating with social platforms
- Experienced in measuring and proving the value of SEO within digital campaigns
A strong background in Technical SEO excellence is critical. You will also possess the following:
- Organisation and time management skills
- Drawing insights and making recommendations from data analysis
- Second to none communication skills with plenty of client communication experience
- Project management & delegation skills
- Experience with and thorough understanding of the elements that underpin a successful SEO campaign that increases organic search presence.
- Strong client facing skills – You will be a natural people person and conversationalist. You’ll enjoy meeting clients and building relationships with them.
- A strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel, or Google products such as Google Sheets, Slides etc.
In return we offer:
- A fun & collaborative environment where you don’t need to be someone you’re not just to fit in.
- An open, honest and supportive leadership team who will always value your feedback, hard work, and contribution to the future success of the company that you will help shape.
- A promise that we do not work with clients and/or people that don’t fit our own values & culture. We genuinely care and we want you to enjoy working with your clients as much as you do your own team.
- Self-regulated, unlimited annual leave. We trust you to be responsible for your own time & workload.
- Flexi-time. We trust you to do the work to a high standard without the need to work silly hours.
- Fri-yays! We finish Friday’s with some team games online to help celebrate the end of the week!
- We make sure everyone enjoys their Christmas, with Christmas Eve through to the New Year off!
- Medical cash back scheme or something to the equivalent value of your choice
- A personalised development plan to ensure your progression
- Regular social and charity events
- Discretionary bonus scheme paid twice a year at Summer & Xmas!
- £500 learning & development budget
- Pension scheme (standard stuff but still important!)
- Charity match funding (we will match up to £250 in year 1, and then £150 a year after that)
- Great perks & benefits are constantly being reviewed and considered!
What else could we do for you? What else would you value? If you are interested in the role, let us know, apply, and let’s start talking!