WISE is a not for profit, community interest company whose purpose is gender balance across UK STEM in industry and education. WISE is a membership organisation which generates its own income through B2B products and services to an increasing number of members, partners and commercial clients. The Events Officer is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high-profile national organisation where you can make a difference to society.
The Marketing Content Officer will proactively develop content and present it in an engaging way across our existing and future digital channels. The role will support the Marketing Team approach to increasing engagement and driving membership with target markets. You will be able to expand WISE’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
The Marketing Content Officer will be a key member of the WISE Marketing Team.
- A key focus on acquisition and engagement
- Create and maintain a comprehensive content plan in line with business goals and marketing strategy across all our marketing channels
- Develop content plans to ensure we maintain our customer journey plans
- Responsible for the planning, creating, and sharing of valuable content with a purpose to attract and convert leads into members and retain members
- Repurpose content for different audiences and channels
- To increase awareness and fulfil the lead to sale funnel content calendar
- Produce and circulate WISE’s monthly communications
- Create campaigns to drive leads and subscribers (to include blog posts, ebooks, reports, videos, infographics, presentations, website, social media)
- Measure the results of content activity to inform future marketing campaigns
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success, working with the Digital Marketing Officer (Lead Generation)
Successful track record in:
- Successful track record in a marketing or communications environment
- Strong experience of managing a content plan
- Deep understanding of maximising content for commercial purposes
- A self-starter, able to use their initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Positive, can-do attitude and confident personality
- An interest in developing ideas and new skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Officer or similar
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset
- An understanding of SEO
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Educated in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- To be able to put themselves in the shoes of our audience and truly understand their needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects at any one time and to respond to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated and committed to working as a team
- Outcomes/results-orientated; a “completer finisher”
- Willingness for occasional travel around the UK
Salary; £27,406 per annum for full time with hours of work at 37 hours per week
Plus 5% pension contribution for eligible employees
London weighting of £2,500 where applicable
Place of work will be home-based, with the flexibility to attend meetings and events off-site as required. Home-based workers need to ensure they have a reasonable space in which to work with adequate security and privacy, with an internet connection capable of supporting work systems.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday office hours
25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
The role will be subject to a 6-month probationary period
Response instructions for WISE jobs applications
Please send an up to date CV and supporting letter of no longer than 2 sides of A4 with examples demonstrating a successful track record of achievement in a similar role, outlining why you are interested in this role and contact details for two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 22 October 2021. Interviews will be held online via Teams on Thursday 4 November 2021.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the WISE head office on 0345 527 0889 to arrange a time to speak to Darren Moulds.
Applicants who have been shortlisted will be notified by Wednesday 27 October 2021. Unfortunately, we will not be able to inform applicants if they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted by this date please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Details of the WISE job applicant privacy notice can be found at:
Privacy Policies - WISE (wisecampaign.org.uk)