Role Type: Hybrid working model. You'll be able to work remotely with occasional visits to our Corby or London offices
The purpose of the Digital Advertising Strategist is to drive quality traffic to our website to generate sales as well as best in class digital solutions for our customers. We have two opportunities available. You will either own paid activity for the UK & Ireland, or for Iberia & Italy. You’ll be responsible for some of the largest budgets across our digital advertising activity.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Full ownership of the Digital Advertising performance in your dedicated region, including PPC, Shopping and Display
- Manage multi-million-pound budgets across different platforms
- Daily tasks such as performance checks, account optimisation and reporting
- Flagging budget or sales challenges to your manager, proposing, and implementing solutions
- Assist the manager with forecasting digital activities
- Guide and support the DA Executive on the optimisation process
- Creation of a testing plan, agreed with the manager, and ownership of implementation, optimisation, and reporting
- Working on exciting projects such as Shopping Feed Optimisation, Inventory Management and Audience strategies whilst cooperating with well-known vendors such as Google, Microsoft, Brain Labs and SMEC
- Build relationships with relevant market stakeholders
- Gather market/product insights and assist manager in incorporating them into the Hub strategy
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Proven track record in driving successful paid search campaigns
- Excellent PPC knowledge and experience
- Strong technical knowledge of paid advertising platforms (AdWords & Microsoft Advertising)
- Knowledge of display is a strong plus
- Strong track record in managing large-sized budgets
- Extremely data driven including data analysis and using data to drive business results
We are RS
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re a global organisation of around 7,500 employees. We’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge. We’re not sitting back, and there is a world of opportunity open to us.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?