The Office Rocks is a fast growing special interest media publisher based in the UK.
Specialising in the world of parenting, wedding and Christmas, we are passionate about building communities, engaging audiences and developing strong relationships with our partners.
Creating engaging and relatable content for our communities is what drives us. We are proud about what we do and we have ambitious growth plans.
As a team we are creative, hard working, energetic and tenacious. We’re always coming up with new ways to engage and excite our audiences whilst successfully delivering effective marketing campaigns for our partners.
Established in 2015, The Office Rocks has built a strong reputation and is well positioned for exponential growth over the next 3-5 years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Content Strategist to join our small team. Based out of our offices at Hope Street Xchange in Sunderland City Centre, you will be joining us at a great time - this is one of four recent appointments made as our key commercial partners target rapid growth out of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for the overall content strategy of the company’s suite of brands with a particular focus on the mother and baby sector.
You love telling stories and truly understand the power of great content. Passionate about data, research and understanding what makes the audience tick, you thrive on creating compelling and engaging content designed to achieve business goals.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, hardworking and tenacious individual, interested in furthering their career in a collaborative environment. This is a fast-paced role so you will be comfortable working to tight deadlines and be able to manage your time accordingly. With a keen eye for detail, you will be analytical and able to spot trends and patterns. We’re a small but strong team, happy to help each other as and when needed so other duties may be required which fall beyond your job description. You will relish a challenge and be able to adapt to change as no two days are ever the same.
- Research, plan and deliver a solid content strategy across the portfolio with an initial focus on the Bump, Baby & You brands- including website, email, social & paid ads. Maximising online growth and commercial partner opportunities.
- Keep up to date with industry trends & information, acting quickly to ensure that Bump, Baby & You is an authoritative voice in the parenting world.
- Liaise with the social team to plan and deliver successful marketing campaigns.
- Research and identity keyword opportunities and threats.
- Write relevant and engaging copy with a real focus on SEO & traffic generation.
- Work with external clients to ensure smooth delivery of content campaigns.
- Manage a team of freelancers when necessary to ensure content is created and delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Manage and grow our extensive network of bloggers including blogger outreach, proofreading, editing and publication.
- Monitor / review content performance against KPIs and present to the wider team, seeking opportunities to improve and develop best practice.
- Liaise with the business development team to identify new commercial content opportunities and lead generation.
- Ensure all site content follows style, content, tone of voice and SEO guidelines and recommend adjustments where necessary.
- You will work closely with external PR
Skills & Experience
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of copywriting, editing and proofreading.
- UX, page level content architecture and repurposing content experience.
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices, keyword research and competitor analysis.
- In depth knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience of blogger outreach and management whilst not essential would be extremely desirable.
- A solid commercial understanding.
- Strong project / campaign management experience.
- Experience of content marketing funnels & strategies.
- Email marketing strategy & delivery experience.
- 3 years + working in a similar role.
This is a full time, permanent role however we would consider a fixed term contract if preferred by the right candidate.
We offer a hybrid of office hours & remote working although permanent remote will be considered for the right candidate.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’re a good fit for us and what you have to offer! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
If you have any problems uploading, please do not hesitate to email your application over to us.